Fair Trade Toronto (FTT) is an independent, volunteer based organization. We promote Fair Trade in the City of Toronto and unify the Fair Trade community in the GTA to increase public awareness. We are also part of a greater Fair Trade organization (Fair Trade Canada) that allows us to connect with the national and international community.
- To educate citizens of Toronto on how their purchasing practice can make a real difference for people in other countries
- To increase the availability of Fair Trade products by working alongside retailers, distributors, and suppliers (> Learn more about our Endorsement policy)
- To promote Fair Trade products by raising awareness on where they are available and promoting committed businesses
- To develop awareness of current market issues and promote sustainable alternatives for customers
- To support and encourage businesses and organizations to adopt in-house ethical procurement policies
- To assist campuses, towns, cities and groups to become Fair Trade ambassadors (> Learn more about our Fair Trade Campus program)
- We believe in equality, social justice, and environmental sustainability around the world
- We work to promote a system that respects producers and artisans from developing countries
- We believe inprotecting customers who purchase Fair Trade products by having transparent and trustworthy communication about these products.
- An independent, volunteer based organization: None of our members – Board or staff – has direct business interest in the Fair Trade industry.
- An advocacy group: We do not sell Fair Trade products, and are not involved in the certification process. We act as a link between customers, businesses and certifiers to facilitate the availability of Fair Trade products in the city.
- A not-for-profit organization: We do not make money and do not receive any money from private businesses. The majority of our funding comes from Fair Trade Canada. We accept individual donations from those who want to support Fair Trade but, as we’re not a registered charity, we cannot issue tax receipts.
- Madison – Director
- Ameel – Business Development Manager
- Robin & Lainey – Fair Trade Campus Managers
- Sarah – Events Manager
- Ayesha – Social Media Manager
- Chris – Radical Mapping / Special Projects Manager
- Piyali Chakraborti (Board President)
- Nadia Berger (Board Treasurer)
- Divya Sasi
- Anne Pringle – Ryerson University
Want to join us?
We will have volunteer opportunities available in the upcoming year.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org