We are Recruiting!
If you are interested in volunteering in an executive capacity please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fair Trade Toronto team is looking for executive volunteers in the following capacities:
Events and Outreach
This person will be responsible for all activities related to events and outreach
- Arrange for tabling opportunities at appropriate events
- Planning engaging activities to develop public awareness around fair trade in Toronto and the GTA
- Work with Toronto’s fair trade licensees to help raise awareness about their products during fair trade pop up shops at retail locations
- Manage, schedule and engage a team of volunteers to attend public outreach events
The primary function of this position is to ensure that Toronto is in compliance with the fair trade towns status
- Become familiar with the fair trade campaigns programs and their requirements
- Liaise with local government champions to ensure compliance of fair trade standards
- Complete the annual fair trade designation report from the Canadian Fair Trade Network
- Collect and document the number of fair trade products available in Toronto by district
Special Projects – Filled
The position will be designated to developing one specific strategic project that Fair Trade Toronto can operationalize over the year.
- Identify opportune verticals of growth for fair trade in Toronto
- Develop a program to action the growth
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders in Toronto
The function of this position is to respond to a growing demand for fair trade education
- Develop curriculum and engaging presentations for a variety of audiences (schools, faith groups, workplaces, campuses, etc)
- Manage and educate a roster of volunteers to present on various fair trade issues.
Casual Volunteer Opportunities
“If you are interested in volunteering in a more general capacity, either by supporting the above roles or through one-off volunteering, please email us at madison.hopper@